Castiel's corset is coming along nicely, especially since I'm trying to be efficient about my work. I sewed all the cording channels in one go, then sat down and threaded all of the cording through. Then I cut all the strips of coutil for the boning channels, and ran them through the bias tape maker (while ironing, of course). Normally, I just work on one thing till I get bored, then I'll change to something else until I can't do anymore or I again get bored, and then do something else. Which is terribly inefficient. So I fought through my boredom and just kept doing a thing until said thing was done. All of the cording is finished, the third, fourth, and fifth pieces have all of their boning channels and are sewn together.
Of course, no amount of efficiency can make up for a sudden change of plan, so although I have strips of coutil ready to be covered in silk and stitched in place over the front two pieces, I've decided to do it a different way. Every attempt I've made at covering a strip of coutil with an equal sized strip of silk and then stitching them together onto a corset hasn't looked very nice. It's functional, but the silk frays and sticks out and it's hard to keep the pieces aligned. Then I remembered a different way to make channels: sew a tube, press it flat with the seam in the middle (not at the edge), and sew it down onto the corset. Since I want the channels to be silk covered coutil, I think it would be easier to stitch a tube of the layered fabrics, press, and then sew. At least that way the fabrics can't shift independently of each other and look messy. It's worth a shot, and if it works out as planned, this corset may be the first of what I'd consider a sell-able quality.