Friday, April 4, 2014

Goals for April

These are my goals for this month, posted in order to keep me actively working on them and not get distracted by all the other pretty things I want to make:

Castiel's corset

Gabriel's corset

Samifer's bustle

Samifer's petticoat

Crowley's socks, for the next HSF challenge, Tops and Toes.

I still don't have the busks for the two corsets, but if I can get everything else done it'll qualify. Each corset takes me about a week, since I'm not good about just sitting down and hammering one out. My bustle took about a day, and I'm expecting no different for Samifer's. I expect three, maybe four days for the petticoat, less if I can build up the enthusiasm. I already have one of the socks done, so if I can do the other one it'll fulfil the challenge. I want to be finished with the underwear so I can finally start on the outerwear.

As of right now, things I still need to make before Halloween: 1 chemise, 1 drawers (set of drawers? Is it like pants, where you say pair of pants to refer to one?), 3 corsets, 4 bustles, 4 petticoats, 1-5 corset covers (depending of how badly the corset shows through), 4.5 pairs of socks, 5 skirts, 4 overskirts, 5 bodices, 1 jacket, and 1 cape. Also, maybe 5 pairs of boots.

The chemise, drawers, and bustles come together quickly, and if I figured out how to use the ruffler foot on my sewing machine I'm sure the petticoats would come together quicker. I still have seven months, not quite time to start panicking, but I do worry about getting things done on time. Especially because there are other things I'd like to make this year.

I'm also going to be visiting my folks for a week this month, so I may just take my sewing machine with me. Who knows? I might get all my shit done.

No comments:

Post a Comment