Saturday, February 1, 2014

Castiel's Chemise and Drawers

Castiel's chemise and drawers are finished. They are a yoked style, more popular during the Civil War, because I found a pattern for one dated for 1888 titled "Old-fashioned Chemise." So although yoked style was no longer popular, it was still present. And considering that Jimmy Novak, Castiel's human vessel, seemed like a modest, old fashioned kind of guy, I went with it. Also, that previous sentence had a lot of commas. It is trimmed with "Mile-A-Minute" lace, that actually was surprising fast. As in, I crochet almost five feet in a day. Not a 'I'm going to crochet until my fingers bleed' day either, a day where I was babysitting a five year old, driving around a lot, and having to take regular breaks to push her on the swings.

I don't have any full shots, since I don't have good lighting in the evening, but here are some close-ups:

The button is decorative, and the lace has been moved to the side for the photo.


The sleeves ended up being too tight, so I sliced them open to the shoulder and covered them in matching bias tape. Bias tape is the sewing equivalent of duct tape. It fixes EVERYTHING. (Well, almost)

Lace and tucks on the legs of the drawers.

I'll be putting up full pictures later, and if Cas is willing, pictures of it being worn. Until then, here's the pattern for the lace.

Mile-A-Minute Lace Edging

     First Row
Chain 7
Work (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) into 4th ch from hook, skip 2 ch, dc into last ch, ch 3, turn.

     Second Row
Work (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) into ch-2 space of previous row, ch 3, turn.

     Third Row
Work (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) into ch-2 space of previous row, dc into top of turning chain of previous row, ch 3, turn.

Repeat rows 2 and 3 for pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment