Thursday, January 23, 2014

Timing

So I'm realizing that a major issue with my plan is timing and the risk of burnout. The chemise and drawers do not take a lot of time, but the lace and embroidery on them will take a while. Not to mention, I've never made a proper corset or a bustle before. And drafting the patterns for the main outfits will require time and multiple fittings. So since I don't have a good idea how long each stage will take, I feel like I have to be working non-stop. Which means I'm getting tired of it already.

I need to give myself good starting and stopping points, so I don't feel like my life revolves around this one, giant project. But at the same time, it's far to early for me to fall behind. I know I'll feel better once I've finished all the underpinnings, because then I'll have a good time line for the parts that people will actually see. But I can't start that until I have the foundation. I think I'm just going to have to work through the "tired of this project" until I can actually get an idea of how long everything will take me.

On the plus side, I've finished the sewing of my combination, and a chemise and drawers for both Castiel and Samifer. I'm nearly done trimming my combination, just need to crochet a bit more lace and add an ribbon. I have measurements for everyone except Crowley, so I'll be able to start drafting corsets and figuring out the size of busks and lengths of boning I'll need.

Le sigh. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment